Thursday, May 13, 2021


 Zen Mindfulness

Being mindful is really about being aware. When I’m away from home I watch people all the time. That’s actually part of being aware of what’s going on around me. I am sometimes amazed at the number of people and just how much they are missing by not really paying attention to your surroundings.

There are so many things that distract us every day to the point where most don’t know what’s going on around them and seems to be getting worse all the time.

If you think I’m kidding, just take a stroll down any street in the world and you will see people walking around with their electronic devices and totally oblivious to the sights, sounds, sensations, and smells, some good, some not so much, that are going on around them.

It is beneficial in being mindful of what is going on around you and it does take some effort to pay attention to those little details. In my quest for Zen, once I began to take notice, I found that my surroundings became more interesting, and those little moments throughout my day became a little more pleasurable.

It pays to be mindful of what’s going on around you, not only for life’s little moments, but also for safety and security reasons. Taking the time to “smell the roses” and noticing the little things is in effect being in the moment and living in the here and now.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction to Zen Living

   Hello and thank you for visiting Zen Living  Please understand I would never try to convince you of something you don’t feel comfortabl...